The compiler consists of the following modules:
- DirectoryComponents.bet. Code for handling directories and files.
- parser.bet. A recursive descent compiler for newBETA.
- parseStdBeta.bet. A parser for the official BETA. It is used to be able to parse the whole Mjølner BETA System in order to display it in the browser.
- compiler.bet. The main program.
The virtual machine is designed for BETA and the interpreter is implemented in BETA.
The VM is integrated into the compiler, which generates a virtual image that is subsequently executed by the VM. The VM consists of the following modules:
The BETA World
BETA librraries and programs are organized in a hierarchical module structure. This structure is mapped to a hierarchical directory- and file structure. The modules are named using reverse URL's. The organization of modules is inspired by the organization of Java packages.
BETA World currently consists of the following modules:
- BETAworld. The top mdule of the new BETA system. It is currently located as a subdirectory of the compiler directory (miniCompiler).
- BETA. The core elements of the BETA libraries.
- LIB. The basic libraries of BETA
- dk. Example libraries from Danish organizations
- org. Example libraries from org-domains.
- workspace. A working module for local programs